Flood Update as of 12/8/2018
December 11, 2018
KINGSLAND WATER SUPPLY CORPORATION
1422 West Drive/P. O. Box 73
Kingsland, Texas 78639
(325) 388-6611 Fax (325) 388-6135 Email firstname.lastname@example.org
December 8, 2018
UPDATE ON DROUGHT MANAGEMENT PLAN
Rains in October through the present time have restored water storage in the Highland Lakes to full levels returning Kingsland Water Supply Corporation (KWSC) to normal usage conditions. Many customers have reported that recent flooding has damaged their homes and property along the Llano and Colorado Rivers which have caused water leaks on the customer side. Any time there is a loss of water through leaks it is costly to customers and KWSC and efforts should be made immediately to correct these conditions. Please check with our office on details of water conservation rebate opportunities for homeowners through the Lower Colorado River Authority.
Please insure your lawn watering efforts are as effective as possible. Check your sprinklers often to insure there are no broken sprinkler devices or water that is being wasted by running off down streets, sidewalks or off of your property. Daytime watering is discouraged as much of that water will evaporate prior to irrigating the intended area. It is suggested to follow the following watering schedule for the most effective results:
- Businesses, Churches, apartments, duplexes, or multifamily dwellings irrigation schedule is on Monday and Friday between the hours of 12:00 midnight and 10:00 a.m. and between 7:00 p.m. and 12:00 midnight. Hand watering with a hose is allowed anytime.
- Residential with a physical address ending in an even number watering schedule is only on Tuesday and Saturday between the hours of 12:00 midnight and 10:00 a.m. and between 7:00 p.m. and 12:00 midnight. Hand watering with a hose is allowed anytime.
- Residential with a physical address ending in an odd number watering schedule is only on Wednesday and Sunday between the hours of 12:00 midnight and 10:00 a.m. and between 7:00 p.m. and 12:00 midnight. Hand watering with a hose is allowed anytime.
- No irrigation between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 7 p.m.
- Irrigation should be monitored to avoid run-off on the pavement, sidewalk or adjacent property.
Kingsland Waster Supply Corporation will be monitoring area lake levels and will enact measures following our Drought Contingency plan as needed