KWSC Enters Stage 1 Water Restrictions
May 31, 2022
KINGSLAND WATER SUPPLY CORPORATION
May 31, 2022
RE: STAGE 1 EMERGENCY AND/OR DROUGHT MANAGEMENT NOTICE
Dear Water Consumer;
You are hereby notified that Kingsland Water Supply Corporation (KWSC), in response to recent drought conditions, is enacting Stage 1 Drought notification as part of our water management plan based on the Drought Contingency Plan enacted by the Lower Colorado River Authority (LCRA). The combined storage in Lakes Buchanan and Travis have dropped below 1.4 million acre-feet or 70%. This notice requests customers to voluntarily restrict outdoor water usage.
Kingsland Water Supply Corporation has decided to stay on Stage 1 of its Drought Contingency Plan through July 31, 2022 at which the notice will be updated.
All customers of KWSC are requested to voluntarily restrict the use of outdoor sprinkling, watering of lawns, shrubs, driveways and washing of automobiles.
The following lawn watering schedule will be suggested:
- Businesses, Churches, apartments, duplexes, or multifamily dwellings irrigation schedule is on Monday and Friday between the hours of 12:00 midnight and 10:00 m. and between 7:00 p.m. and 12:00 midnight. Hand watering with a hose is allowed anytime.
- Residential with a physical address ending in an even number watering schedule is only on Tuesday and Saturday between the hours of 12:00 midnight and 10:00 m. and between 7:00 p.m. and 12:00 midnight. Hand watering with a hose is allowed anytime.
- Residential with a physical address ending in an odd number watering schedule is only on Wednesday and Sunday between the hours of 12:00 midnight and 10:00 a.m. and between 7:00
p.m. and 12:00 midnight. Hand watering with a hose is allowed anytime.
- No irrigation between the hours of 10:00 m. and 7 p.m.
- Irrigation should be monitored to avoid run-off on the pavement, sidewalk or adjacent
Restrictions will be rescinded by the General Manager when all of the conditions listed as triggering events have ceased to exist. KWSC will notify the public, wholesale customers, and media of the termination of Stage 1 or elevation to Stage 2 in the same manner outlined previously under Information and Education Program.
In the spirit of cooperation, KWSC encourages property owners to adhere to the LCRA’s restrictions. Please refer to LCRA’s website for details (www.LCRA.org).
In recognizing the severe drought conditions, and again in the spirit of cooperation, members using well water for irrigation are requested to follow the same LCRA suggested watering schedule.
We appreciate your cooperation. If you have any questions, please feel free to call the KWSC office at (325) 388-6611.