KWSC STAGE 2 WATER RESTRICTIONS
July 25, 2022
July 19, 2022
RE: STAGE 2 EMERGENCY AND/OR DROUGHT MANAGEMENT NOTICE
Dear Water Consumer;
You are hereby notified that Kingsland Water Supply Corporation (KWSC), in response to ongoing drought conditions, is enacting Stage 2 Drought notification effective AUGUST 1, 2022 as part of our water management plan based on the Drought Contingency Plan. The combined storage in Lakes Buchanan and Travis is currently at 1.2 million acre-feet or 60% combined storage capacity. This notice requires customers to restrict outdoor water usage.
Kingsland Water Supply Corporation will remain at Stage 2 of its Drought Contingency Plan through September 30, 2022 at which the notice will be updated.
All customers of KWSC are required to restrict the use of outdoor sprinkling, watering of lawns, shrubs, driveways and washing of automobiles.
The following MANDATORY lawn watering schedule will be implemented:
- Businesses, Churches, apartments, duplexes, or multifamily dwellings irrigation schedule is on Monday and Friday between the hours of 12:00 midnight and 10:00 a.m. and between 7:00 p.m. and 12:00 midnight. Hand watering with a hose is allowed anytime.
- Residential with a physical address ending in an even number watering schedule is only on Tuesday and Saturday between the hours of 12:00 midnight and 10:00 a.m. and between 7:00 p.m. and 12:00 midnight. Hand watering with a hose is allowed anytime.
- Residential with a physical address ending in an odd number watering schedule is only on Wednesday and Sunday between the hours of 12:00 midnight and 10:00 a.m. and between 7:00
p.m. and 12:00 midnight. Hand watering with a hose is allowed anytime.
- No irrigation between the hours of 10:00 m. and 7 p.m.
- Irrigation should be monitored to avoid run-off on the pavement, sidewalk or adjacent
- Street washing is prohibited.
- Water hydrant flushing is prohibited with the exception of for purposes of protection of public health as required by the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality for Public Water Systems.
- Filling pools and spas is prohibited.
- Athletic field watering is prohibited.
- Car, boat, and trailer washing is prohibited with the exception of established car washes.
Restrictions will be rescinded by the General Manager when all of the conditions listed as triggering events have ceased to exist. KWSC will notify the public, wholesale customers, and media of the termination of Stage 2 or elevation to Stage 3 in the same manner outlined previously under Information and Education Program.
In the spirit of cooperation, KWSC encourages property owners to adhere to the LCRA’s restrictions. Please refer to LCRA’s website for details (www.LCRA.org).
In recognizing the severe drought conditions, and again in the spirit of cooperation, members using well water for irrigation are requested to follow the same LCRA suggested watering schedule.
We appreciate your cooperation. If you have any questions, please feel free to call the KWSC office at (325) 388-6611.