KWSC Stage 2 Update
June 05, 2023
KINGSLAND WATER SUPPLY CORPORATION
1422 West Drive/P. O. Box 73
Kingsland, Texas 78639
(325) 388-6611 Fax (325) 388-6135 Email email@example.com
IMPORTANT NOTICE – MANDATORY WATER RESTRICTIONS
May 4, 2023
RE: STAGE 2 EMERGENCY AND/OR DROUGHT MANAGEMENT NOTICE
Dear Water Consumer.
Kingsland Water Supply Corporation (KWSC) remains in Stage 2, or our water management plan based on our approved Drought Contingency Plan (Plan). Our Plan is based on the combined storage of Lakes Buchanan and Travis is currently at 1.0065 million acre-feet or 50% combined storage capacity due to the source of our drinking water primarily being Lake LBJ on the Highland Lake chain of lakes.
This notice requires customers to restrict outdoor water usage.
Kingsland Water Supply Corporation will remain at Stage 2 of its Drought Contingency Plan through August 1, 2023, at which the notice will be updated.
All customers of KWSC are required to restrict the use of outdoor sprinkling, watering of lawns, shrubs, driveways and washing of automobiles.
The following MANDATORY lawn watering schedule will be implemented:
- Businesses, Churches, apartments, duplexes, or multifamily dwellings irrigation schedule is on Monday and Friday between the hours of 12:00 midnight and 10:00 m. and between 7:00 p.m. and 12:00 midnight. Hand watering with a hose is allowed anytime.
- Residential with a physical address ending in an even number watering schedule is only on Tuesday and Saturday between the hours of 12:00 midnight and 10:00 m. and between 7:00 p.m. and 12:00 midnight. Hand watering with a hose is allowed anytime.
- Residential with a physical address ending in an odd number watering schedule is only on Wednesday and Sunday between the hours of 12:00 midnight and 10:00 a.m. and between 7:00
p.m. and 12:00 midnight. Hand watering with a hose is allowed anytime.
- No irrigation between the hours of 10:00 m. and 7 p.m.
- Irrigation should be monitored to avoid run-off on the pavement, sidewalk, or adjacent
- Street washing is prohibited.
- Water hydrant flushing is prohibited except for purposes of protection of public health as required by the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality for Public Water Systems.
- Filling pools and spas is prohibited.
- Athletic field watering is prohibited.
- Car, boat, and trailer washing is prohibited except for established car washes.
Restrictions will be rescinded by the General Manager when all the conditions listed as triggering events have ceased to exist. KWSC will notify the public, wholesale customers, and media of the termination of Stage 2 or elevation to Stage 3 in the same manner outlined previously under the Information and Education Program.
In the spirit of cooperation, KWSC encourages property owners to adhere to the LCRA’s restrictions. Please refer to LCRA’s website for details (www.LCRA.org).
In recognizing the severe drought conditions, and again in the spirit of cooperation, members using well water for irrigation are requested to follow the same LCRA suggested watering schedule.
We appreciate your cooperation. If you have any questions, please feel free to call the KWSC office at (325) 388-6611.