Stage 3 Mandatory Water Restrictions
August 10, 2023
KINGSLAND WATER SUPPLY CORPORATION
1422 West Drive/P. O. Box 73
Kingsland, Texas 78639
(325) 388-6611 Fax (325) 388-6135 Email email@example.com
IMPORTANT NOTICE – MANDATORY WATER RESTRICTIONS
August 10, 2023
RE: STAGE 3 EMERGENCY DROUGHT MANAGEMENT NOTICE
Dear Water Consumer.
Kingsland Water Supply Corporation (KWSC) is implementing STAGE 3 of its Drought Contingency Plan (DCP) effective August 18, 2023. Due to the ongoing drought and our contract requirements with the Lower Colorado River Authority (LCRA), Kingsland WSC is requiring all customers to immediately conserve the use of water and limit any unnecessary water usage until further notice.
Kingsland Water Supply Corporation will remain at Stage 3 of its Drought Contingency Plan until further notice. We will provide periodic updates on the drought situation as it relates to water usage. All customers of KWSC are required to restrict the use of outdoor sprinkling, watering of lawns, shrubs, driveways, swimming pools, outdoor fountains and washing of automobiles, driveways and sidewalks.
All customers are required to follow a mandatory Once-A-Week water schedule. The mandatory Once-A-Week watering schedule is as follows:
- Businesses, Churches, apartments, duplexes, or multifamily dwellings irrigation schedule is only on Monday between the hours of 12:00 midnight and 10:00 am. and between 7:00 p.m. and 12:00 midnight. Hand watering with a hose is allowed anytime.
- Residential with a physical address ending in an even number watering schedule is only on Tuesday between the hours of 12:00 midnight and 10:00 am. and between 7:00 p.m. and 12:00 midnight. Hand watering with a hose is allowed anytime.
- Residential with a physical address ending in an odd number watering schedule is only on Wednesday between the hours of 12:00 midnight and 10:00 am. and between 7:00 p.m. and 12:00 midnight. Hand watering with a hose is allowed anytime.
- No irrigation between the hours of 10:00 am. and 7 p.m.
- Irrigation should be monitored to avoid run-off on the pavement, sidewalk, or adjacent
Other Restrictions include:
- Wasteful irrigation practices such as spraying on driveways, sidewalks or water running down the street will be considered a violation.
- No outdoor use of water is allowed between 10:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m.
- No ornamental fountain unless water is Refilling of these fountains may only occur or assigned watering days and not between 10:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. to maintain aquatic life.
- Washing of cars or boats will only be allowed with handheld spray nozzles equipped with automatic shut-off on the set day of the watering schedule.
- The use of auto-fill devices for pools, spas or fountains is not allowed. Pools, spas, and fountains may only be topped off on assigned watering days based on addresses and not allowed between 10:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m.
- Watering with handheld hose is permitted only to sustain life of planted trees or
- Further non-essential use of water is prohibited including street washing, washing sidewalks, driveways, filling pools or
- If a pool, spa or fountain must be filled after construction or repairs the owner must utilize hauled water sources and cannot be filled from Kingsland Water Supply.
Restrictions will be rescinded by the General Manager when all the conditions listed as triggering events have ceased to exist. KWSC will notify the public, wholesale customers, and media of the termination of Stage 3 or elevation to Stage 4 in the same manner outlined previously under Information and Education Program.
PRO RATA WATER ALLOCATION
If the triggering criteria specified in Stage 3 - Emergency and/or Drought have been met, the General Manager of KWSC is hereby authorized to initiate allocation of water supplies on a pro rata basis in accordance with Texas Water Code Section 11.039.
VIOLATIONS OF MANDATORY EMERGENCY RATIONING RULES
The Board of Directors may grant exemptions or variance from the uniform rationing program, for health or safety reasons. The General Manager can amend, add, or delete any of these Rules and Regulations when notified by the Board of Directors of said amendments, additions, or deletions.
Any violation of the Rules and Regulations adopted by KWSC can carry a penalty of forfeiture of membership and termination of water service, with approval of Directors.
Penalties for non-compliance of the KWSC Drought Contingency Watering schedule per the Drought Contingency Plan will include:
- First Violation: A Warning Letter issued to customer identifying violation, (copy to be placed in customer's account file).
- Second Violation: A Penalty shall be assessed in the amount of 4 times the monthly
- Third Violation: A Penalty shall be assessed in the amount of 6 times the monthly
- Fourth Violation: Service will be shut off. The member will be required to sign a binding agreement to conform to the Emergency Rationing rules and pay a return to service fee of
$1,000 before their water will be placed in service. PROVISIONS OF THE KINGSLAND WATER SUPPLY CORPORATION DROUGHT CONTINGENCY PLAN
In the spirit of cooperation, KWSC encourages property owners to adhere to the LCRA’s restrictions. Please refer to LCRA’s website for details (www.LCRA.org). In recognizing the severe drought conditions, and again in the spirit of cooperation, members using well water for irrigation are requested to follow the same LCRA suggested watering schedule. We appreciate your cooperation. If you have any questions, please feel free to call the KWSC office at (325) 388-6611.